Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ciao a tutti!

Hi everyone, I'm just testing out my blog. I just created it... what I should really be doing is studying for the GRE, which I'm taking on Tuesday. That's your birthday, Conor. Anyway, I'm not actually in Venice right now, as you may have guessed, or know. I'm in Charlotte, NC, the typical place.

It's been a busier month than you'd all expect - no, I haven't been sitting at home all day - I've been working an internship with a local publicity group, Life in Charlotte. What I've been up to is a lot of different video news stories concerning events and people in the Charlotte area. I met the founder of Life in Charlotte last summer, when he was offering some communications advice to the government department I was working in. I've done a lot of interviews this month. The most interesting ones have been with the Charlotte mayor, a German-American who won the highest civilian honor of Germany, a Nigerian man who's developing an educational initiative in the US, local vineyard owners, and Nikita Khrushchev's son. You can check out my videos at www.lifeincharlotte.com.

So January hasn't been that bad. Except for the Panthers losing and being stranded in NC while everyone's off at BC. I am so excited to get up to Boston to visit everyone before my grande avventura comincia!

A dopo,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment